The Son Of Man Came Eating And Drinking
- TIL WE EAT AGAIN
- THE SON OF MAN CAME EATING AND DRINKING
- THE TABLE IN THE SCRIPTURES
- THE LINK BETWEEN THE TABLE AND GRACE
- TELL ME ABOUT YOUR TABLE
- AN INVITATION TO DINE
1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
The end of salvation is “reclining at table” with God (Luke 13:29).
Soma Music - King of the Ball
Gather 'round for the feast.
All creation, man and beast.
At the center of it all,
sits the king of the ball.
Play the trumpets and melodies.
Bang the drums and your tamborines.
Break the bread and pour the wine.
Drink it in and have a good time.
Oh what a party. Oh what a feast.
A beautiful circus of crazies and freaks
Community Group Discussion
1. On Sunday Pastor Jeremiah shared a story of a time when he failed to love someone the way Jesus loved. Recall a time in your life when you had a “Charity” moment. Look at your response and ask what your motivation was: fear, guilt, anger, compassion, love, etc
2. What role has eating/drinking/food played in the biblical narrative of scripture? Recall some of the instances shared in the sermon and share some that you can remember on your own.
3. In what ways does eating and drinking serve as a metaphor in the bible? In what ways are shared meals, feasting, and an actual expectation that disciples ought to eat and drink with people?
4. How does the hope of "reclining at table in the kingdom of God (Luke 13:29)" motivate you to seek fellowship with believers and to bring unbelievers into our fellowship?
5. What prevents you from inviting others to share a meal with you? Who is someone you can name that you will commit to praying for, investing in and seeking to share a meal with? Share with the group how this may be difficult so you can know how to pray specifically. Help one another be creative in the application of this week's message?