Bold, Clear, Singular Proclamation
Preacher: Jeremiah Fyffe
1. v2 - GREATLY ANNOYED
2. v3 - THEY ARRESTED THEM
3. v4 - MANY OF THOSE WHO HAD HEARD THE WORD BELIEVED
4. v7 - “BY WHAT POWER OR BY WHAT NAME …”
5. v8 - FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
6. v9 - EXAMINED CONCERNING A GOOD DEED
7. v10 - LET IT BE KNOWN
8. v12 - THERE IS SALVATION IN NO ONE ELSE
9. v13 - THE BOLDNESS OF PETER AND JOHN
10. v14-15 - THEY HAD NOTHING TO SAY IN OPPOSITION
11. v16-18 - WHAT SHALL WE DO WITH THESE MEN?
12. v19 - LISTEN TO YOU RATHER THAN TO GOD?
13. v20 - WE CANNOT BUT SPEAK
14. BOLD PROCLAMATION
15. CLEAR PROCLAMATION
16. SINGULAR PROCLAMATION
To be saved under the name of Jesus is to abandon all other names and every other hope.
If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.
Matthew 10:19–20, 22
When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. … you will be hated by all for my name’s sake.
The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is the LORD’s doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Community Group Questions